Thursday, February 3, 2011

Washington DC




I arrived at Dulles Airport shortly after seven in the morning and tried to find train or bus schedules to the Smithsonian Institute in Washington. No one seemed to be sure so I went by taxi which was expensive but pleasant. It was a very wet day so spending time in the galleries was ideal. To be in time for my scheduled departure from Dulles I needed to return to the airport by 3pm so I had four hours to enjoy their displays before the taxi arrived to take me back. These photos are of some of the buildings - the main building of the Smithsonian, the entrance to the Freer Gallery and an inner courtyard at the Freer.

1 comment:

  1. Looks very familiar, Bruce. We were there many times when we lived in DC. I'm surprised you weren't able to find a Metro train in to the city. But it's been a long time away for me ... Glad you got to spend so much time there, though. It's a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete