Saturday, December 11, 2010

Calgary and Beyond



Before leaving Calgary I took this picture out the hotel window. As the bedroom clock was an hour slow it was about all I saw of Calgary before rushing off to catch my flight to Edmonton. My potter friends Richard and Carol Selfridge met me and we had a wonderful three days together. They took me to a photographic exhibition by Edward Burtynsky called "Oil" which was excellent. Seeing the Art Gallery of Alberta helped fulfil another of my interests - that of architecture. This modern building was designed by Randal Stout and was all curves of stainless steel and glass but containing very large exhibition spaces. Wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. what a great tour you had, Bruce, and at this point in the photos you haven't even gotten to Vermont yet. And then the UK and Japan are next.

    ReplyDelete